Sunday 24 May 2020

We must wrest the initiative away from the property developers and the bulldozer brigade

The first section is permissive and a PROW between Blue Bird Park and the Cherry bench.  While the cricket club gates remain locked in lockdown, Jenny is being understanding about walkers using her private drive until they, asap, turn right into the cricket ground.  She is even relaxed about walkers using the railway embankment alternative to the PROW.  However, I'm not wanting any publicity or notices for this first section of the Dowery Dell Trail.  One notice and waymarking post that Stuart put up near to the drive I have taken down, at her request.  She and Neil can tighten their relaxation at any time.  But I don't think Bernard will over the cricket ground.  There must be no car parking in her private drive.

Unless we push the boat out, we will remain on the losing side as countryside and paths disappear under concrete, brick and tarmac.  Mick wrote to me to say that what I am doing is at my "peril".  So be it.  I want our 32 sq Kms triangle to be the first area in last August's announcement of the West Midlands National Park.  Just as we have the Peak District NP with their three railway trails, we must have our 32 sq Kms Clent Hills Regional Park with its one railway trail for walkers to use officially, with the permission of the landowners who agree.  There is no permission for the section between Illey Lane and Goodrest Farm Lane and I have barricaded that section with notices to 'Keep Out'.  I must renew them in Illey Lane.

I'm so sad that our rural PROWs are slowly being lost to urban paths and tarmacked, as human expansion continues apace with our concrete, brick and tarmac encroachment over the essential soil we need to feed ourselves.

I think, the only way this will stop is if Mick Freer and James Morris work together, once more, to ask for our 32 sq Kms to be the first area in the WMCA W Mids National Park.  Only those two have the influence to get the necessary action at the Combined Authority and Worcs CC.

I will take a look at the proposed stile to gate today or tomorrow.  I think you are meaning the two stiles close together near the old barn, with its barn owl in the 1980s, that has now disappeared.  However, that is Dudley and Tony feels that a Worcs gate should be installed in Worcs.

All the best

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment