Friday 19 August 2022

Carrot and Stick for car commuters

Morning, Bob - but copied to Sharon, Mike, Sandra, Bob, Robert, Jake, Tarsam - especially for their expertise over my final para on wheelchairs in trams and buses.

You are so right about FFPT and, re-regulation to bring our bus services like London's.  But, as I have done, please write to ask for the official transport speakers to cover the subjects.  They must prepare something to present to us on the 12th and it must be to our agenda.

My other concern is this.  FFPT is the carrot or the reward for car commuters and others who leave their cars at home, as I do.  However, motorists are so wedded and welded to their cars there really must be a stick, too.  Hence, road pricing is essential to send the right signal that cars must be used more sparingly and definitely not for commuting to work in!  I think it should be brought in on the main arterial roads like my own A456, Hagley Road as an experiment for two years.  What do you think, Bob and the others?

Do you agree that we have to badger/encourage/suggest/work with the officers and members to do the right thing, as here?

By the way, there are only two official wheelchairs allowed on Metro trams, with 52 seats and 208 allowed to stand.  Max 2 wheelchair space is the same as some of our buses.  Is that right?  Without mentioning the subject, my daughter, Becky volunteered this, recently.  With two small children under 21 months, she told me that she will give up the space she uses for the double buggy and will fold it up, if four wheel passengers enter the bus.  I am banned with only two wheels!

I want us, also to press for bus step free access by asking and being persistent into eternity!  E-mails to these VIPs or, just stick with customerservices@tfwm.org.uk:

No comments:

Post a Comment