Wednesday 11 November 2020

My manifesto for adoption by WMGP!

MY SUGGESTIONS:

On housing/planning to save Tack Farm landownership going for St Modwen's housing scheme; and, W Mids National Park;
to scrap TfWM's multi-modal, multi-mixed up transport schemes;
on the conversion from: huge spending on climate wrecking infrastructure projects like Metro, Sprint, HS2 extensions to the east, Commonwealth Games, the demolition and rebuilding of Centenary Sq (yet again but no plans, I hope!) and other buildings ...
TO, instead: Birmingham Left Unity's brilliant Fare-Free Public Transport, the completion of the 120 Kms Black Country Mainline Railway "of national strategic significance", conversion of every building to solar energy production and to minimise energy use with massive insulation measures for energy reduction.

Nationally, I think we need to arguing for fossil fuel rationing and the fuel coupons we had in 1973/4 during the energy crisis.  Even more of a crisis/emergency now!
AND, Universal Basic Income to cut unnecessary production and consumption with the jobs at any price clamour.  The wealthy like me to subsidise those who need the essentials for comfortable, healthy living with people doing much necessary work, only.

With the Conservatives in power for us and, nationally of course, I'm guessing that Liam Byrne will get elected in May.  He needs to be pinned down to see you, too.  I am also wanting him to engage with me, too.  He refuses to reply to emails.  I have byrnel@parliament.uk

I remain a declared Independent candidate for Metro Mayor but I hope I won't need to stand.  Please tell me of any Zoom hustings you may get to hear about.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment