Monday 30 October 2023

Trees and shrubs vandalised, officially by Moto Hospitality

21 October 2023

Dear friends

Your Grounds Maintenance Team at Frankley Northbound Services

I am the guerrilla gardener that is beautifying the bank next to the lorry park and planted the trees along the boundary post and rail fence.  I cleared a lot of rubbish off that site and continue to keep it clean and tidy.

I was distressed to see that your over zealous, out of control and most inept garden maintenance team had unnecessarily cut back plants and trees that I had planted and was taking very good care of myself, since the 1990s.  And, with the knowledge and passive permission of your managers over the decades - from last century, too.  A few of whom I have met.

What was particularly tragic was the brutal chopping of the top half to one third of the silver birch tree that had gained quite a height and is visible from the cafe's panoramic window.  It was done in a really rough and cack handed way by tearing at the branches and main trunk.  Truly dreadful!

Please have your grounds maintenance team retrained in pruning - and, anyway, to keep well away from my trees, PLEASE!  One tree does need pruning by a professional tree surgeon so that the HGV drivers can see the large metal information sign that is being covered by that tree growth.

Your one and only manager on duty this afternoon, Daniel from the M&S shop, was totally unsympathetic but, I think, was distracted by trying to catch shoplifters.

29 October 2023

Dear team

Andrea wrote, "Please rest assured I have passed your communication to the Site Operations Manager at Frankley to investigate."

I can assure you that he has not been in contact with me.  Last week when I tried to see him, he was in the office but would not come out and speak with me!  I can only see Daniel who seems to have difficulty in believing me that, since the 1990s, successive managers have been perfectly happy with the 40 or 50 trees I have planted along the post and rail fence and with my care of them over the decades.

I'm enclosing the following photos to show how your gardeners/maintenance people not only did totally unnecessary pruning but slashed and tore at the branches in the most brutal and violent way in their vandalism!  Why do they do that?  Please explain what on earth they are about!

PHOTOS

Last week, Daniel mentioned the pest problem on the bank next to the lorry park.  I had to explain to him that my work there in clearing rubbish off the site and, continuing to keep it clean, will solve the rat problem far more effectively than your staff cutting down or vandalising my plantings.

Your money spent in vandalising the shrubs and trees would be far better spent in having security guards to prevent shoplifting.

Could you please arrange for me to see the Site Operations Manager, this coming week, rather than my seeing Daniel for a third time?

Best wishes and many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment