Saturday 16 March 2024

"My Kingdom is not of this world"

John wrote, "The message of scripture is that while we need to live with the state, our primary citizenship is in heaven (Philippians 3:20) and all our lives are centred not on the nation but on the church."

We are supposed to be centred on the non-violent Jesus of the Gospels.

For me, my first duty as a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven is to seek to live in total compliance (extremely hard!) with the life and teaching of the non-violent King Jesus in the Gospels and, the Sermon on the Mount, in particular.  This means, certainly, conscientious objection to my conscription to even a Church-supported 'just war' and refusal to work in the arms industry.  Hence, I'm a member and financial supporter of the Campaign Against the Arms Trade.

My non-violent heroes are: Jesus Christ, of course, but also Gandhi. Desmond Tutu, Dalai Lama, Mohammed Ali, Donald Soper, Martin Luther King Jnr and, Bruce Kent.

I think the names and boundaries of states change over the years and are not worth killing for.

As for Michael writing about the Devil Putrid and how important it is to kill and maim to fight him, I don't think he is worth the bother.  Just let the nasty Putrid strut and rage but don't kill others to fight evil Putrid by evil means.  The ends don't justify the means.  Like Jesus, I end up getting killed rather than killing.  So be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment