Monday 23 August 2021

Excellent improvements at Clent Hills CP

I have not seen motorbikes on the Clent Hills but, in nearly fifty years of visiting the Clent Hills, I had never seen a traffic jam, a slow procession of nine 4x4s on the very summit of the West Midlands' highest hill, as I did on that fine and snowy Sunday evening last January!

I hope I am wrong, but it may be only a question of time before Dudley's gang of dirt motorbikers decide to try out Walton Hill from the big car park and, try out Adams Hill via the Hill Tavern (further away for them).  For years, they have enjoyed parts of the Barrow Hill Local Nature Reserve and the Dudley section of the major and important, supposedly traffic-free, 22 Kms Black Country Cycle-Walk Magnificent Mudway from Brierley Hill to NW Wolverhampton.

Unfortunately, as our population rises, there have to be restrictions and rationing imposed on our human activities if we cannot show some restraint ourselves.  We live on an ailing planet that is not expanding in line with our ever-increasing demands placed upon it.  When Nimmings car park is full, motorists will simply have to drive back home and try cycling and walking, as I and my family do, anyway.

I am keeping to my 50% cut in car mileage this year compared to what I drove in 2019.  Every other motorist needs to do the same, if we are to stand any chance at all of turning things around.

Please, no expansion of Nimmings car park - ever!  Simply, provide more proper cycle parking stands and NOT the dreadful, 'slot your front wheel into the narrow rack to nicely buckle the front wheel', parking!

And support the WMCA's W Mids National Park to include the Clent Hills Country Park in the properly funded, 32 sq Kms Clent Hills Regional Park (my designation).  Funding for arable farming for local food production, hedgerow restoration, woodland management and footpath maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment