Monday 9 August 2021

Please tell me if I am wrong, here! Or, simply reply!

Please tell me if I am wrong, here!  Or, simply reply!


I am anxious to know if you think I am wrong in saying and writing that the more we spend the more we emit greenhouse gases.  Am I right or wrong, here?

£s spent = finite fossil fuels burnt = greenhouse gases = runaway greenhouse effect = earth turned into venus = THE END.

If I am right, should we be opposing unnecessary expenditures like extensions for HS2, Metro and Sprint that are extremely large greenhouse gas emitters because of their colossal expenditure?

Do you think I am wrong in insisting that we must put fossil fuel expenditure into projects that will cut greenhouse gases in the medium to long term?

Therefore, electric buses (not "bus on rails" trams on roads), all the obvious bus priority measures and FFPT.  Is that right?
Not trams on railway lines but commuter and regional trains.  Is that right?
The ending of demolition and rebuilding - like Centenary Sq rebuilt three times in less than twenty years and many examples of unnecessary demolition and rebuilding, eg Dudley Leisure Centre moved all of 1 Km to sit next to the flash, new tramline in Flood Street, Dudley?

Do you think that these jobs are the wrong jobs?
Do you think the right, green jobs are to insist that existing buildings are insulated, inside and out; should have URGENT installation of PV solar on every east, west, south-facing roof?
Are the right, green jobs to campaign for the major, 22 Kms Black Country Cycle-Walk Mudway to be professionally finished and upgraded with a wider and this time, all-weather surface to allow all fossil-free users to actually use the thing?
Am I right in wanting expenditure to put a cycle-walkway alongside the Dudley Southern Bypass, opposite the tramline?
Am I right in wanting green jobs to finish the 47 Kms of the UK's last and only mothballed mainline railway that has not yet been completely destroyed?  Finished with commuter and regional and freight TRAINS!
Do we get green jobs from light rail trams (LR), or very light trams (VLR) or, the ultra-light rail Stourbridge Shuttle tram on the missing 6 Kms (out of 120 Kms former and remaining throughout mainline) railway link between Stourbridge Jct and Brierley Hill?

Do green jobs mean putting passenger trains on the 106 Kms of mothballed or freight-only railway lines in the W Mids?  Now being reduced to 100 Kms with the Metro, WBHE, going on 6.7 Kms in two nibble-sized bites and the VLR test track on 2 Kms to bring it down to 98 Kms!!

Am I on the right lines, here?  Or, please tell me if I am wrong.  Not one person ever tells me I am wrong and, certainly, no-one ever writes back to tell me I am right - just complete apathy, acquiescence and silence!  I've had the best and longest support over the years from a train driver who has now resigned from his union in disgust over their support for railway destruction!

No comments:

Post a Comment