Friday 13 August 2021

Speeding motorbikes and cars on A456

WMP reference: 20DY/42382G/21

I was on my 100% self-powered bike on the A456 between the M5 and Grange roundabout yesterday evening, between 9 and 10 pm when the motorbikes and highly tuned cars went screaming past on both carriageways.  I will report it to W Mids Police via: -

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/contact-us/report-crimeincident

and copy this onto the site, word for word.  I will also ask our MP James Morris and our three councillors to support us.  I will write to them about what they have done.  What help have we had, can someone tell me, please?  Has a single one shown any interest, do we know?

This behaviour is the very kind that is worsening the climate emergency as we all burn up our finite fossil fuels as if they will never run out.  And, it brings the disturbed climate patterns and extreme weather events that climate scientists have been reporting since 1988 "whose findings are endorsed by the world's governments."  Yet no action from them in 30 years!

Yesterday morning, I cycled up Manor Lane and saw a WMP speed camera van parked as every motorist went obediently past.  Later that day, it needed to be in the Manor Way layby on the eastbound carriageway between Manor Lane and the M5.  Or, preferably, from 9 pm, parked fully in the nearside lane, exactly halfway between the Manor Lane traffic lights and the M5, to narrow the road to the offside lane, only.  That would solve the problem nicely.

I am asking the Police to catch our selfish, thoughtless and ignorant motorists who are worsening climate catastrophe and speeding the exhaustion of our fossil fuels to bring us all down.  BUT IT NEEDS EVERY ONE OF US TO REPORT IT TO

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/contact-us/report-crimeincident

AND EVERY TIME.

And that includes me as my wife and I try to get to sleep between 10 and 11 on many nights.  From now on I will report it, every time, the following morning, as I'm doing now!   timweller1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment