Sunday 26 October 2014

What a true patriot I am!

Letter to his PA

So far, I have read most of Owen's speech that is good to read (Owen Paterson MP: speech to Global Warming Foundation on 15 Oct).

Could you please tell him that I have generated for the national grid, 4,700 kWh in the first eleven months of having 24 solar panels on the E/W facing roofs of my three storey 1967/68 terraced house, here in the West Midlands.

Before I went for solar electricity we used 2,200 kWh from 12 October 2012 to 11 Oct 13.  In the next twelve months, I used 1,300 kWh (to 11 Oct 14) that I imported from the grid for use when the panels were not generating electricity or, not generating enough.  Therefore, 4,700 minus 1,300 equals 3,400 kWh for others to use and all free of finite fossil fuels.  This is a remarkable achievement that could be replicated by every other roof in the land.  My small, three bedrooms, terrace house is a mini-power station.  And what a true patriot I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment