Many thanks, Pam. Much appreciated. You are quite right, of course.
This WOM business seems to have been resurrected by Maria who was on TV last week, I think!
Her address is email@example.com
She is another of the transport bosses who are all stuck fast in the grossly extravagant and irresponsible tram rut of putting this "bus on rails" on a half finished mainline "railway of national strategic significance", instead of doing the bleeding obvious!
Other addresses are here:
Please flood them with e-mails just saying, perhaps, those five words: 'WESTERN BYPASS RAILWAY BEFORE tramway or motorway'. Or, whatever you want to say but, say 'Yes' to something better, so as not to appear negative. Thanks!
Pam's "decision makers" can be moved/changed. We can change what seems inevitable eg:
- In the 1990s, we stopped both the 16 Kms KBH and the 87 Kms WOM in their tracks! That was a huge victory.
- 2015 decision to put trains not trams, after all, on the 9 Kms Camp Hill railway in Brum.
- 2016 decision for train operating companies to bid for the new franchise by putting forward a proposed passenger service on the half used 120 Kms Black Country Railway.
- 2017 decision to put trains on our main line railway from Stourbridge Junction to Canal Street tram stop at Hart's Hill. This was a step in the right direction but needs to go all the way to Burton on Trent, of course.
- A paper decision in a letter to me on 8 September 2000 to get the freight and passenger trains back but, the very costly "bus on rails" trams must be done first - you pay twice to get what you say you really want all along - a proper railway passenger service!
- The decision to put the Very Light Rail test track on the railway from Dudley Castle Hill to Dudley Port was reversed in 2015 or 2016. It now goes in the opposite direction. However, still, on a nationally important railway!!
- 8 March 2018 letter, Network Fail and the DfT finally conceded that our railway is "of national strategic significance".
- More recorded here:
MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL. PEOPLE POWER; PEOPLE PRESSURE; PEOPLE PREVAIL!