Friday, 31 July 2020
What does a novice walker look like who is all over the place and not up to it?
West Midlands National Park
Wednesday, 29 July 2020
3 Top Priorities for Dudley MBC
Monday, 27 July 2020
OUR 120 Kms COMIC RAILWAY - for trams, trees and cycles or, a joke?
Friday, 24 July 2020
FAIR TREATMENT FOR DUDLEY HIGH TOWN MUSLIMS
Thursday, 23 July 2020
BORN LIVES MATTER
from the 'Guardian' today
- by not selling our armaments to other countries that may end up in the hands of Isis;
- through abiding by the resolutions of the General Assembly of the UN;
- by leaving the Middle East to the peoples of the Book and their governments (regardless of whether or not they toe the Western line);
- by never again interfering, occupying and drawing boundaries of straight lines on the map;
- by never again destabilising, overthrowing or supporting coups in the Middle East, Libya and Egypt;
- by repenting of our behaviour that reminds me of dictatorial, know it all, Roman Emperors;
- by renouncing our unethical, hypocritical and duplicitous foreign policy that makes sure those Muslim majority countries know who is boss around their countries;
Tuesday, 21 July 2020
"Pandemic shows climate has never been treated as crisis, say scientists"
Venus got theirs first!
'Guardian' report of scientists' work on venus.
Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Huawei is pron: how-way
They are out to get our secrets, to spy on us and to do sabotage in the UK. Never trust them, never have them as a friend and make them enemy no 1 to justify more defence and armament spending. It's all so good for exponential economic growth and rocketing greenhouse gases as the nation speeds to shortages of vital resources and yet more waste as we rip out Huawei kit and put in the West is best technology.
Be suspicious, be very suspicious but don't think we might just be paranoid. Who would want our secrets that would cost millions to keep secret? What are those secrets that must not be shared with anyone?
Monday, 13 July 2020
Rowan Moore on Brexit, climate, Cummings, Johnson and 40 years of Tory power
As for Trump, no, I don’t believe he is a conservative. His essential message is “Trump first”. The only thing I like about him is his refusal to be cowed by the self-righteousness of his opponents.
On climate change, I resist what I see as a political viewpoint masquerading as “the science”. The aim of the large numbers of alarmists is unprecedented government control and the relative impoverishment of western societies. (SELF: Charles' impoverishment will come once all the very finite fossil fuels are in short supply and becoming too expensive to pump out of the ground.)
Cheap energy is one of the greatest emancipations produced by our civilisation. (SELF: a pretty short-sighted, foolish, grab what you can while the going is good, sort of society. In fact, a one-off geological inheritance we are blowing in 300 years. And, in the process, with the downside of turning earth into uninhabitable venus with its runaway greenhouse effect!)
Saturday, 11 July 2020
You believe in Packham; believe also in me!!
Subject: Re: ALWAYS OPPOSE HS2/METRO TRAM EXTENSIONS
To: Tim Weller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 9 Jul 2020, at 08:20, Tim Weller <email@example.com> wrote:
Dear friends - my own 10 points, following Packham's ten!
- Please continue to support Chris Packham and fund him over our opposition to £106 billion HS2.
- Please continue to be on my side over misspending £15 billion on Metro tram extensions in W Midlands.
- Both are over-indulgent, vanity projects.
- Both are grossly extravagant, flash, puff out your chest, waste.
- Both break our UK laws and international obligations over postponing climate catastrophe.
- Metro is the second most expensive transport mode to construct after HS2, per Km.
- Metro is even more expensive per Km than almost all Maglev train projects in China, S Korea and Japan.
- The more we spend, the more deadly greenhouse gases are emitted.
- Both Metro and HS2, like Brexit, are the wrong issues and make the right issues worse.
- The right issues are addressing resource depletion and the ecological and climate emergencies.WATCH PACKHAM:https://rethinkhs2.us3.list-
manage.com/track/click?u= 4776c62db71d589d6d26c0ac0&id= cddadecceb&e=cb6943538eADDRESSES to write to: