Thursday 12 April 2018

For the success of the Games ...

Dear Andy and team - and copied to other key players and decision makers.

For the success of the Games, we cannot afford to waste the Black Country Railway (BCR) - the 56 Kms out of 120 Kms of almost ready made double track railway line that can bring people directly into Brum via Bescot from Worcester, Dudley and Derby.  Nine stations must be built according to Railfuture.  And the tracks need replacing, of course, with the passage of decades.
Please believe me that I have my facts and figures correct.  I have surveyed the route.  I know all about the Borders Railway, too with all the facts and figures I have furnished you with in past e-mails that have gone completely unacknowledged.

In every public meeting of the 2019/20 Mayoral campaign, I will be outspoken in condemnation of you, Andy if you cannot do what I am advising.  The public can then judge who is right.  I will forgo my expeditions in Scotland and every other break to make sure I do not miss a single opportunity to expose the idiocy of "bus on rails" trams, roads, shops, houses and offices running on double track railway lines.  Plus, the 50 Kms of freight only railway lines that must get their commuter passenger trains back - urgently.

I will in no way be pulling my punches over the whole disgraceful rigmarole I have seen that means that this saga of destruction and waste must be the UK's biggest and longest running financial-transport scandal in our history.

I will always be positive, constructive and helpful but my anger will be obvious, I can assure you.

​With REGIONAL TRAINS NOT TRAMS on the full 120 Kms, you will still have money left over to give fareless buses for everyone for the duration of the Games.​  Electric buses should be linked in with the railway stations that, on the 120 Kms BCR should have Mike Muldoon's and Alstom's hydrogen electric train, as here:​
​Please read the letter under the article, here:​
Fareless buses to get motorists out of their cars are essential to reduce congestion, to clean up polluted city air and to take up the demand for more travel during the Games.

​With best wishes

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment