Wednesday 21 August 2019

Last 2 Corbetts and a twin pinnacle Graham on Rum Cuillin traverse

I did one stunning, twin rocky pinnacle Graham on Rum when I did my very last two Corbetts at the end of April.  I had to climb both pinnacles just to make sure!  It was then a terribly steep descent with thin air between my feet that meant I had to go way over to the left to find safe ground. I finally did the last, fifth summit at dusk and then had to find the bothy.  Never did, so had a semi emergency bivy on the bare hillside.  I was cold but survived to see the bothy below me a little over a Km away when dawn finally came.  I caught up with some sleep at the bothy and had a 3.5 hr march out to Kinloch in the afternoon on the coast path.  That night I slept in the smart, new, four year old bunkhouse in the only settlement on the island.  Very comfortable it was too. Met two other guys in the morning one of whom has done many more Scottish summits than me!  My tally is over 700 different ones visited at least once since the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment