Friday 5 August 2022

Greedy bosses v suffering migrants and the poor

I do hope we put migrants and the poor at the top of our agenda in tackling the cost of living crisis.  My plea in my last email that more of us bombard the decision makers to take their responsibilities more seriously does need to be followed up - PLEASE!

I heard Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show at noon yesterday and was flabbergasted to hear that the nine greediest bosses of nine water companies, receive a total of £15 m every year of income and bonuses.  Yorkshire Water boss gets over £1 m/year and CEO of United Utilities gets a trifling £2.9 m income every year!  Check me out on
and 5:55 from the start.

We need to start a non-violent war on how money is stolen from the poor and migrants to reward greedy bosses who come up with far too many wrong, foolish and also very expensive climate decisions - like grandiose HS2 and flash to impress, immoral Metro and Sprint.

Invite a speaker from WMCA so that we can then question him/her about their truly eccentric, their weird and wonderful priorities.  I suggest Bob try and get their CEO, Laura Shoaf who needs to publicly defend her annual income and, certainly decisions.  And we need to attend and lobby at Andy Street's public meetings, too.  I shut up at the last one but will not remain silent at the next.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment