Thursday 17 September 2020

Ultimately, we must be headed back to the horse and cart - plus walking and cycling!

 

  • Thanks for this Jonathan. I fully support Greenpeace and FoE with a DD to the first and life membership of the second. I don't support the two main drivers of global destruction: fairy tale economic growth with its ever-rising production and consumption and, population growth, although I know I have benefited greatly from all of it over my lifetime. But you are aware of the unfortunate downsides.
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 9 m
  • The solution lies in restraint. Doing more local and regional travel, no international travel and much less national travel.
    We locked down for Covid. We must now lockdown for Climate. As a result, I re-discovered the two new footpaths I've kept open and the other path maintenance issues in the glorious countryside of Cleobury country. My car mileage was slashed as I snipped and slashed on nearby paths! The problem, the challenge is somehow to maintain that!

No comments:

Post a Comment