Saturday 4 February 2023

Frankley Northbound Services, M5

Dear Ken and Lee

As you know, I have been spending much spare time, since the 1990s, in planting trees and shrubs along the farmer's and your post and rail fence. Since 2020, I have turned my attention to the steep grass embankment immediately next to the lorry park.

In 2021, the manager called in a rat pest control company that, in cutting down brambles, severely pruned some of my young trees and spoiled others, including at the lorry park bank.  Last autumn and winter I've been cutting back the brambles to avoid you having to put down poison to eradicate the rats.  All the brambles are now gone but will soon grow back, of course, in the spring.  However, I will keep them under control.  There are now over twenty young trees on that steep bank.  As they grow in the coming years, they will help to deal with the rats by natural means and also help to control the growth of brambles.


No comments:

Post a Comment