Tuesday 5 September 2023

Praise for Greta and Chris Packham

Please don't think the worst of me by thinking that I am trying to be sarcastic or offensive or clever.  Think the best of others, as I do and not the worst, please!

THANK YOU so much for saying, " the content of this message is very good, despite being rather long and more wordy than it probably needs to be."  That is real encouragement and wonderful coming from your good self.  This email is very much longer!

I go out of my way to support and encourage when I think people are doing and saying the right things but will explain if, in my opinion, they are mistaken.  For example, the scandal I have exposed for decades over transport destruction from foolish/stupid priorities by the authorities, that continues to this day.  "Full steam ahead" said cheerfully optimistic but very misleading Mayor Andy to me on the 25 July on Radio WM, over the coming destruction of all my handiwork at Merry Hill!

I genuinely and honestly believe that Greta behaves like a saint and is outstandingly brilliant, as I am trying to be in following her amazing example in reducing my hypocrisy quotient to the minimum and setting a fine example, I think, all my life!  From my email and from all I have written for decades and actually done for decades, how on earth, Pam could you possibly think I was criticising Greta or being sarcastic in calling her a saint?!

Greta Thunberg and Chris Packham are outstanding examples of sustainable and green living.  They are the personification of how we should all be living in treading more lightly on the planet and urgently minimising our personal greenhouse gas emissions.  Just as I am doing in so many practical ways, as I wrote in my email.  If I can do it, why can't others?  Both Greta and Chris do.  They are my personal heroes, are saints and are an inspiration to me.  I am also trying to set a good example to you all in my personal life and trying to be moral in my political life, too.  Politics is about morality.

I was setting a good example to you, Pam, in planting that oak tree a few metres from your home.  I was hoping that you might have helped me by watering it.  I didn't think I had to actually ask you - or did I ask you?  I watered it in the early days but it died because I was attending to some of my other 1,000 shrubs and trees I must have planted in my long life as the major part of my guerrilla gardening activities.  Many remain thriving at Merry Heaven and at Frankley Services northbound and elsewhere.  However, that one oak that died may have inspired you to go and do likewise, Pam.  It may have been the acorn to inspire Dudley Council to plant those four trees on your roundabout.  And, I've had my failures with my plantings, Pam.  I am not perfect and many of my shrubs and trees have died, despite my best endeavours!  But did you help me with watering the oak I planted?

Thank you for your previous email, too that I will respond to now.  You said you are 76 years old and, after forty years of GP activism, you were slowing down and supporting the younger members.  I am 75 and a half and will never give up the battle to personally try and leave healthier and more sustainable life support systems for future generations to have.

In the 1992 and 1997 General Elections, Joyce Millington (living literally round the corner from you, at 164 Shenstone Avenue) and I were battling away as virtually the only GP activists in Dudley GP - with Danny Blyth from time to time.  Presumably, you weren't living in Dudley at that time, Pam or, of course you would have helped us.  It was brilliant Joyce who paid my £500 deposit, too on one occasion.  Perhaps, on both, I'm not sure.

You wrote, "And you must be aware that transport is one of the key issues for the Green Party – one among many I have to say. But sadly one person on their own isn’t likely to achieve the kind of changes that you suggest."  Not one member of the GP, as far as I am aware, has ever written one email or made one phone call or sent one text in my support, in my many different campaigns over the decades.  Matters that should be blindingly obvious, too for good greens like ourselves, Pam!  Over immoral Metro, Netherton Green councillor Bill did say he agreed with me, as did Andi Mohr but neither, I think, actually did anything to show their support for me.  The whole party, including my very long standing friend, Peter Beck in Brum GP, isolated me by refusing to help!  Hence, I have never rejoined the Green Party - and I do remain feeling very let down, even betrayed, I'm afraid by the very people who should have been on my side.  I get more interest from Labour, Tory and our new, one LibDem councillor, Ryan.  Ryan even answered my silly quiz (see below), the brilliant guy!  My wife, too, did the quiz - fantastic!  Will you, please Pam?

You wrote, "I have tried to advise you before to become part of a bigger organisation because you on your own will never achieve what you want."
Not one bigger (or smaller) organisation has ever once agreed or supported me, Pam.  Including your good self.  So why should I join an organisation actually fighting against me, like the Green Party?

You wrote, "... personally I can do very little"  Please read this in the hope that it might encourage you:

You ended your email by saying, "Please, don’t ask me about this again."
When you stand as a candidate in an election, Pam you must expect members of the public, like me, to ask you questions about where you stand on certain issues.  I wrote, individually, to every single candidate in Dudley.  When I stood over the decades as a Green or, more recently, as an Independent candidate I always replied with my answers when the very few electors did write to me asking where I stood on various issues.  At least you and Andi did write - eventually but gave no answers to my specific questions - hopeless!  However, very many thanks for that - to both of you!

Very best wishes.  And keep up all your green endeavours, Pam.  And, by the way, no one owned up to being a member or supporter of the GP, when someone asked at the well attended photo shoot in Mary Stevens Park on Saturday 12 August.  The purpose was to protest about Dudley's glyphosate spraying.  Ed Davies (also a former GP member) suggested me but I hurriedly pointed out I had resigned from the GP in the 2000s.  We met for that photo shoot in your own town, Pam too but you were not there or Andi or anyone else, it seems from Dudley Green Party!  Presumably, you knew nothing about it.  I had cycled over from Halesowen to support our brilliant new councillors, Andrew Tromans and Cat Eccles who are leading the anti-glyphosate campaign in the Climate Change Select Committee of the council.

No comments:

Post a Comment