Monday 11 September 2023

to Mal Drury-Rose

Dear Mal Drury-Rose

Welcome to your new post.

Malcolm Holmes knew of me and even met me on one occasion in a half hour session with him and Andy Street, last decade.  However, it made not a scrap of difference.  For the second time, next year, I hope to stand as an Independent candidate in the Mayoral election but, my £5,000 deposit will go, again, to international humanitarian causes and NOT to HMG.  This, simply to be invited to election hustings in an attempt to highlight climate and resource concerns where almost total inaction of the right kind, by you all, is bringing about what Sir David Attenborough said in December 2018 at the COP of that year when he spoke "of the collapse of civilizations, the extinction of much of the natural world and time is running out" warnings.

I would urge you to please read the emails I sent to Malcolm over his time in your post and to tell me, please, what you think.  I was given your name by an officer at the Transport Delivery Overview and Scrutiny Committee yesterday afternoon.  I attend WMCA committee meetings as a member of the public to lobby for commuter and regional trains to return to our remaining railway lines that have not yet been destroyed by, mainly, buildings of all descriptions, roads and, two mainline railways turned into tramways.  However, about 100 Kms remain as mothballed or freight only railway lines.

I am asking, now for you to please resurrect the proposal from last decade, when the tocs were out to win contracts to operate, for Snow Hill/Jewellery line commuter trains to meet trams at Flood Street/Cinder Bank in Dudley by reversing out of Stourbridge Jct Station on the 120 Kms Black Country principal mainline railway between Worcester, Dudley, Walsall, Lichfield and Derby. They then use the freight line through Round Oak to Flood St or to Cinder Bank roundabout tram stop. The tram would have to be extended to that roundabout on the principal mainline railway "of national strategic significance".
This would avoid spending over £300 million for WBHE Phase 2, to destroy more of the railway "of national strategic significance" as well as nature, housing land, public open space and my vertical guerrilla garden at Merry Hill Shopping Centre.  I would welcome the opportunity to take you on my one hour tour of the planned destruction and to show you the remains of the last transport tragedy the place has seen.  I can make any day and any time except Tuesdays when I'm on grandad duties.

Please refer to this very important Railfuture map from 2003, where absolutely nothing has changed for the better:
A reminder of the Nolan Principles, here:
Is my suggestion to save £300 million, above, feasible?  I believe, WBHE Phase 1 is expected to be £400 million.  Has Network Rail contributed to the work on Parkhead Viaduct when they plan to use it for freight trains only, later this century?

The money saved to go for Fare-Free Public Transport in the region for everyone.  I have had it for over 15 years.  Why only my age group?  I did not write this but it got the approval of all of us:
Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment