Wednesday 13 September 2023

to Dewi and Daniel of Savills Property Management

Dear Dewi and Daniel

Thank you for all this excellent news that was so good to read.  Well done.  However, I am sure you could afford three standard, native trees to complement my own, nearby landscape enhancement scheme.  I'm suggesting, please, the three trees to go alongside the post and rail fence where I have one silver birch and one oak.  There's a section of missing fencing to give a broken gap of a few metres.

I'm now an old man and need help, please for a professional job to be done, this time, in October or November.  I will undertake to do weekly Sunday watering next spring/summer using water from the canal - as I have done in the past with my own plants, until the three trees are established.

Could I please show you my own vertical guerrilla garden for your approval, hopefully?  I can do any day except Tuesdays.  You need to see it for me to hear what you think.  I welcome feedback and even critical comments.  Could you do something similar at the cinema end of the iron wall, perhaps?  Ivy is a cheap and very successful climber up the iron wall without needing netting or support.

In addition, management of my vertical guerrilla garden will need, one day on my death, to be done by Mitie or other estate manager  - PLEASE!  Therefore, tell me honestly what you think of my planting scheme, now before my demise!

The Black Country Urban Forest was started by the four councils in the 1990s, I believe but, soon faded and never finished.  You have sites on your land that you manage for Sovereign Centros that would be ideal for woodland to give nature a helping hand to fight back, as we concrete, brick and tarmac over ever more of our land.  A rather humanised landscape, as I recall from school Geography!

Best wishes

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment