Thursday 28 December 2023

The Illey Lane Secret Passage to open countryside

Dear gentlemen

Can you help/support/give your opinions to me over the use of the 2020 opened footpath that I have, on Christmas Day morning and Boxing Day morning this week, cleared up the slope from the railway line towards Bromsgrove Road?  It can be used, once more!  In 2020, my very life was threatened on two occasions and, a third, when I was trapped by the man until I plucked up courage and pushed past him, with my bike when he could have assaulted me!

We should not be having to walk in the road or on a narrow strip of grass right next to the tarmac, in places.  It is a fast and dangerous rat run that we all use in our cars, don't we?

That secret but attractive path is an unofficial and only safe route to our path network from Bromsgrove Road and Somers Park.  You have an ivy-covered path in one section, you slalom round two hawthorns in another and squeeze through a couple of fences that the anti-walking brigade put up.

But what do you think?

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment