Sunday 3 March 2024

MY taxes are killing Gazans, bringing famine and the collapse of civilisation

Hi Cat

Many thanks for writing and it's great to see that you work for the NHS.  The statement from Dudley Labour Group is excellent.  Thanks so much for sending it to me.  However, I have been very disappointed by the response of national Labour that has simply echoed the Conservatives.

I thought the 7.10.24 atrocity did not come out of thin air.  All the UK governments over the last 100 years and more have all been implicated in decisions and events that have led to Israel taking the land in 1948 without any agreement from the Palestinians or any of the surrounding Arab nations.  Indeed, profiting from warfare and aggression.  For 76 years my nation has done very little, if anything, to bring justice with peace and a homeland for the Palestinians.  My governments should have worked for a Palestinian nation living in secure borders and living in peaceful co-existence with an Israeli nation also with secure borders and living in peaceful co-existence with the Palestinians and their surrounding neighbour nations.

I am guilty for this disgraceful and tragic state of affairs.  My own silence over my own 76 years of life over this matter shows my own guilt.  I wish I could do more to stop the carnage occurring in Gaza.  All I can do is to donate to international humanitarian charities and to express my horror at my nation's responsibility for the slaughter of the innocents.

Thanks so much for writing, Cat and for your integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment