Wednesday 18 September 2024

A personal appeal to Anne Shaw, Executive Director, TfWM

... I want to make this personal appeal to you, Anne, that you save one of my other guerrilla gardens, also dating from the 1990s.  This is the one I have at Merry Hill Shopping Centre, up against the rusty looking Iron Wall that comes out, at right angles, from the steep canal embankment opposite M&S and Primark.  My vertical guerrilla garden is exactly in line with the WBHE Metro and will be buried and destroyed when you put the 400 m concrete and steel viaduct along the embankment.

Please can you assure me that the colossal cost is prohibitive and that you will save all of the nature, landscaping, public open space and housing land?  The housing land, High Plateau, is directly above my vertical guerrilla garden, as in this plan


Perhaps, leave the tram at Flood Street and bring the Stourbridge Shuttle up from Stourbridge Jct station.  Or, by keeping the tram on the former principal mainline railway from Flood Street/Cinder Bank to Junction station?

These trees in this photo, below are not mine but are also on the line of the devastation to allow the £100 m Metro 400 metre viaduct to be built.


It would be an absolute delight if you would meet me so that I can show you exactly what I mean, please Anne.  And perhaps, Laura, too?

With every good wish

No comments:

Post a Comment