Wednesday 6 July 2022

Russia has us over a barrel

Thanks, Bob and Bob WF, for your thoughts.

I thought what you and Mike said was brilliant and was so worth hearing.  And you both spoke so well.  It meant a really good discussion instead of everyone saying exactly the same thing and agreeing all the time - very boring!

Self-determination and self-defence for Ukraine is absolutely right.  However, that does mean fighting to the bitter end with using every violent means at your disposal and killing as many Russian invaders as you can!  However, that is not for me.  For me, killing, coercion and violence is just not on, with my Quaker leanings.

If I was a man of violence, I still would feel it was a hopeless cause when the enemy is the second most powerful Super Power in the world.  My own tactic would be the minimum collaboration with the Russian invader as I could muster, short of getting locked up for the rest of my life.  If I really couldn't stomach the Russian occupation, I would get out to some other country to live and start a new life.

I also feel that the longer the war goes on with all our American and Western weapons piling in, the longer the war will last and the more people like me will get slaughtered.  My taxes are to go on some weapons, certainly but, for the UK, only and are not to be exported or used in other countries to kill their people.

No comments:

Post a Comment