Sunday 24 July 2022

Zelensky is supposed to be a comedian

Dear Jonathon and Alastair

Would you like to comment, please with your own opinion?  This is my pathetic, wishy-washy, plant and cheese-eating surrender monkey stance for no killing, even of invaded, occupying, foreign armed forces in my country.  Do put me right.

Zelensky is supposed to be a comedian, not a great military conqueror of Russia with armaments supplied by the American-led West.  As a result, humanity is accelerating downhill even faster to ecocide and catastrophe.

My action as President would not have had my armed forces fighting an impossible to win with violence one of two super-powers.  The only realistic option left for me, if I was Zelensky, is for none of my citizens to be slaughtered but to use non-violence, non-collaboration with the invader, occupier and, flight if living under Russian control is so impossible.  One death is not worth violent resistance but only non-violent resistance and non collaboration, including humour, satire and protest if I thought I could get away with it under President Putrid!

Such is our almost 100% reliance on finite fossil fuels, we have to reckon that every pound cost of armaments sent to Ukraine to beat Russia is a pound weight of GHG emissions warming the world and denying the poor and future generations their wealth and even their food as grain, oil and gas shortages hike prices.

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment