Tuesday 26 July 2022

To Ben Godfrey of 'Midlands Today'

Hi Ben - and copied to the Mayor's Office for them to confirm Andy's support for trains back on the tracks (my blog's name - timweller1.blogspot.com).

Thanks for the email.  Is there any link you can send me, please to the "news in brief segment" and the details of the WMCA public meeting that I may have missed.  Many thanks.

Please keep my contact details on your database.  Please take account of what I sent you on Sunday.  For fair reporting, I would like to suggest that you need to have a rounded picture of what has been going on for over forty years as regards Metro.  As here:
  
Over the 25 years I have been involved in this tortuous saga, I have sent Midlands Today countless press releases and emails.  Only the wonderful Peter Plisner has shown any interest.

Peter heard about me soon after he arrived on 'Midlands Today' (in the 90s?), via Brum FoE and, occasionally, included me in his pieces to camera on the issue of Metro taking over the two Black Country mainline railways and thus preventing commuter and regional trains from returning to the full lengths of both lines - still to this day!

I always write on my own behalf, above my own name but, I am a life member of national FoE and Stourbridge FoE agree with me and have included my recommendations in our Stourbridge FoE Climate Action Plan for Dudley Council to implement.  My widely supported recommendations are for trains back on the 106 Kms in Brum, Black Country and in South Staffordshire that are either freight only or mothballed.  I think I can say that Andy Street agrees with me.  Do check it out with him for he knows me and I attend most of his public meetings to support him.  I voted for him in 2017 and 2021.  Last year I was an Independent candidate for Mayor up until the time came to pay the deposit, that I then gave to three international charities - and still voted for Andy.

I have many people who agree with me, of whom the most notable remains the current train driver, Dave Parsons who lives in my own constituency of Halesowen and Rowley Regis and is worth interviewing.

I would welcome any questions you might have for, if I am wrong, I would like to be told!

Many thanks, Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment