Tuesday 19 July 2022

WM Climate Coalition resisting Metro expansion has anything to do with them

Dear Cllr Ian - please 

Can you find out for me if, at Merry Hill Shopping Centre, the destruction of the 400-metre public open/green space is going ahead? It also destroys a large corner of the brownfield site designated for housing at Merry Hill.

Keep the Dudley tram on the railway. It is already on it!

Can I show you what I mean? Save my super-duper landscape enhancement scheme.  PLEASE!

Tim

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022, 08:37 Bob Whitehead, <bob.w2@btinternet.com> wrote:
Good morning Tim,

I can help a little, but I don't see where the Merry Hill issue fits into the current agenda, nor the Dudley line.

Bob

Does my answer, below go any way to reassure you that my issue/question is indeed pertinent to climate?

If so, could I ask what others think at our next meeting?

Tim 

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022, 11:16 Tim Weller, <timweller1@gmail.com> wrote:
Very many thanks,  Bob.

I see it as the wasteful and totally unnecessary expenditure of £100 m of GHG emissions to then double that ecocidal impact by destroying soil, grass and plants that are essential to sequester CO2.  They are doubling the folly and idiocy of deepening the climate emergency - twice over!

Don't spend £100m needed to help pay energy and food bills for those struggling. Especially, when the tram could stay on the railway line that it is already on!

TfWM are climate deniers who are obsessed with the 40 years of a failed 200 Km tram network of 10 lines that should have been completed by 2000!!

All they want are prestigious, over-ndulgent, wealth flaunting projects to impress the visitors and to make Brum a great world city to rival London, Paris and Milan. This is childish and only serves to accelerate the climate crisis and every other crisis!!!

Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment