Monday 22 March 2021

Four challenges for the other six Metro Mayor candidates

Dear Dr Nathaniel - and copied to Cllr Yvonne Davies and Julie Hambleton who both get my full support, of course.  I have 'blinded' your email address, Dr Nathaniel in case you do not want it broadcast.

It was lovely to hear from you.

I was outspoken, again at my second hustings last Thursday.  The script in bold (below) is exactly what I read out at the hustings, via Teams (like Zoom).  I was given only 90 secs, as all the other six declared candidates also had.  My next hustings is on Tues 30 March and I will be equally outspoken to cause maximum embarrassment to the politicians I am so unhappy about.  All the hustings are public and, I think, recorded.  You have to do a search on YouTube, I expect for any recording.  The reasons for my dissatisfaction are here and your support would be greatly appreciated.


Even before the next hustings, I intend challenging all six declared Metro Mayor candidates in this way:
"I am asking each declared candidate to show where they stand on these burning questions -
  1. "At the hustings on the 30 March, will you publicly say that you support Julie Hambleton in calling for a public inquiry into the outrageous, mishandling, incompetence by W Midlands Police of the 1974 pub bombings?
  2. "Will you, now come out publicly on the side of Cllr Yvonne Davies, Leader of Sandwell Council, who was suspended on a trumped-up charge of antisemitism and racism by the Labour Party and whose suspension was fully supported by declared Metro candidate, Liam Byrne MP?
  3. "Will you, now publicly condemn both the Snow Hill, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury railway being converted to a tramline on 20 Kms, with the loss of 25% of Snow Hill station and the total loss of Wolverhampton's second, principal mainline station; and, now the impossibility, too of ever being able to finish the Burton to Bristol via Brierley Hill (aka Derby to Devon via Dudley) principal, mainline railway?
  4. "Will you now condemn the £62 m for cycling provision in Brum only but nothing to finish the much more important business and commuter route that is the region's longest and continuous, 22 Kms, strategic, Black Country Cycle-Walk Mudway from Brierley Hill to NW Wolverhampton through three council areas?"
Do I have your agreement and support over what I am attempting, Nathaniel?

Very best wishes for all your anti-racism, pro-humanity work.  Keep in touch, please.

Tim   (Weller)  declared Ind candidate for WMCA Metro Mayor 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment