Thursday 16 December 2021

ACTIONS FOR THE CLUELESS WMCA

Dear all - and everyone else I have missed out

I'm fine with Bob's letter that must be sent.  However, I want to repeat my point that correct actions are much more important than the title under which they operate - whether 'net-zero', 'zero carbon' or 'gross zero GHG' - it is their actions that are much more important.  Actions speak louder than good intentions that mean they carry on regardless with business as usual.  Therefore, 
  1. Simply continuing to spend the present hundreds of millions of finite fossil fuels on ripping up roads and railway lines to move utilities for "bus on rails" trams to replace perfectly good buses and commuter trains is hypocritical, immoral and plain foolish (utter stupidity).  END IT.
  2. Use those funds to stop the discrimination against the sad, missed out, young and middle-aged and give them what the elders like me have had for many years - regional FFPT.
  3. Use the £15 BILLION of GHG emissions to bring in bus lanes and every bus priority measure imaginable to penalise car commuters and to reward those who leave the motor at home and use the bus, train, tram.
  4. Have buses and bus stops as nice and as smart as "bus on rails" trams.
  5. Thus, you have a major carrot/reward for good citizenship.  
  6. Building, demolition, rebuilding, demolition must stop: eg 3x Centenary Sq in less than 20 years.  The last total revamp cost £16 m of deadly greenhouse gases.  Unbelievable idiocy.
  7. Wrap around insulation of every building.
  8. PV on every single E, W, S, (even N) roof to make every building a mini power station - like my home is.
That is enough for them to be going on with.

If you cannot go along with any word or phrase I have written, here, PLEASE tell me and explain, so I understand, why I'm wrong!

Tim W

No comments:

Post a Comment