Sunday 5 December 2021

To Chris Martin of Footsteps

Thanks for the email.

Would you mind passing on my concerns, below to the transport group leader (was it Simon?) over what I have discovered, here, please?  Do I have a point, do you think?  
Or, could I have his email address so that I could pass it on directly?  And the names and contact details of your other speakers, too?  Simply for their own ideas for post COP 26 action and for feedback on transport.  I was a little concerned about one of your speakers quickly telling us that he had just bought an electric car.  Who was that?  A self-powered, fossil fuel-free bike to boast about would have been much more understandable, in my opinion!!

Would Footsteps be interested in helping to rectify what has gone wrong in transport, do you think?
Could you ask your colleagues for what they think, perhaps, Chris?

I would value your opinion - and, on my own ideas for positive, practical, helpful action, here:
Do please keep me on your mailing list.  I attend Hasbury Christian Fellowship in Halesowen with my wife who is one of the leaders there.  This morning's very moral 'sermon' (from my wife, no less!) prompted this when I got home:
By the way, I did think by the end of the afternoon, the great cavernous worship space was grossly overheated and comfortable for only the thinnest of clothing and the fewest of layers - not quite the idea for those of us so concerned by finite fossil fuel burning!

Best wishes and many thanks for your work on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment