Saturday 7 January 2023

to Richard Hatcher

Thanks for this Richard.  All good stuff and most helpful.

Do join Chris Crean and I at the Environment and Energy Board on the 1 March.  The Chair allowed both Chris and I to speak, briefly on the 7 December and will, no doubt, let you have your say, as well as or, instead of, me.  So that would be fine with me.  I will give way to you, if necessary.  I don't advise "forcefully if necessary,"  The meeting is open to the public, anyway and conversations do take place before and after.  Cllr Ian Courts is really decent and most obliging and pleasant.

Cllr Peter Hughes is less open but I'm sure you will get somewhere with him, Richard if you approach him, please.  The key member for the first net zero neighbourhood demonstrator in Brockmoor, Brierley Hill, Dudley is Cllr Rob Clinton (Dudley's climate change champion) and the officer in Dudley is Andy Hughes.  Both need lobbying but, especially, to give them every support and encouragement from ourselves.  This is the year for action on Brockmoor, it seems!  But how much?  It needs you, too Richard to make all the difference!

Richard, all your excellent reports/documents must be sent to the officers and, at least, the Chairs, please as you now have them.  Remember, there seems to be hundreds of millions shortfall in funding University station and the Metro extensions.  That is why it is so important that you join Chris C and I in asking them to scrap new Metro extensions.  In my opinion, the money diverted and staff must be redeployed for retrofitting as a new Transport and Retrofitting for W Mids (T&RfWM, instead of just TfWM).

Cllr Cathy Bayton, Chair of the WMCA Overview and Scrutiny will very likely allow you to speak if you ask her and mention what you want to say.  She has been very good to me in the past.  Do write and ask her.  Again, I will give way to you if only one of us is allowed to speak, as is likely on the 12 January.  Members of the public speaking in committee is still a novelty to them and, anyway, we are totally dependent on their goodwill!

All the best 

No comments:

Post a Comment