Friday 4 December 2020

Their multi-modal, multi-mixed up transport brings my multi-modal tactics in response!

 Thanks, David for your interest and concern.

Over very many years, since the 1990s, I have had occasional meetings with staff at 16 Summer Lane, including in more recent years,  with Andy Street and Cllr Ian Ward, Transport lead for the CA.  Andy and Ian have both been great and open-minded and a pleasure to meet.  Managing Director, Laura Shoaf, too met me for an hour in January 2014.  It was she who came up with this classic phrase, "passive provision" to Midlands Today reporter, Peter Plisner in answer to his question about trains returning to this important mainline railway.  "Passive provision" was to explain that Metro will not stop the full passenger and freight train service from returning over the full 120 Kms, one day.  But a lie, of course.  Quite disgraceful.  The best it can ever be, if it ever gets fully finished, is a train-tram-train mainline - a world first, I should think!

I am trying to use humour, poking fun at the absurdity of what they are doing.  I'm ringing the changes and trying different methods to cause some embarrassment to these top officials.  But to no avail.  But its all good fun.  And, I'm still enjoying my retirement with cycling, hillwalking and guerilla gardening - and, now a grandad twice over last month!

I'm using phone calls, texts, WhatsApp, photos, one 20 x 1 metre banner, emails, face to face meetings.  One success: the Camp Hill line is not getting Metro trams anymore but having stations and trains.  The Black Country has to make do with tram stops and more unused mainline lengths of railway!

No comments:

Post a Comment