Sunday 20 December 2020

WICKED COWS HAVE WHALE OF A TIME AT CRICKET WICKET!

You might like to know that the permissive path round the Hunnington cricket ground was closed to the public after the cows used it!  I was asked on Sunday (13th) to remove the signs by the committee.  This week I've covered them with grey plastic on the four posts that you and Nina installed.  The broken yellow PROW disc is now gone completely, too!  Jenny, from the railway station, is now a lot happier - I think - when I met her dog walking on the public path a couple of days ago!  She'll have it to herself more.  Especially, since she put four strands of wire across the only gap from her drive onto the cricket ground to make it more obvious that the public are not welcome.

I'm smoothing over some of the worst bumps and lumps and improving the barrier between the path and the caravans.  I love the work.  I said to Jenny that it is like having an allotment!

Thanks so much for your paper definitive map, in Jan 2019, proving that the PROW was between the two lines of concrete posts.  Adam and Harry have just put a fence alongside the row of posts on their field side to keep the sheep in.  They were not at all happy when I approached them.  "Go away", Harry said.  So I did!  I've even offered to contribute to the cost but, I've heard nothing.  Just the cows wandering down the path from, presumably the Cherry memorial bench, via the new, large tractor gate that I thought was always kept locked.  It was quite something that they put the wooden stile in, too!  Or, was that you?

Have a great Christmas and 2021 and thanks for all your footpath improvement work in our Golden Green Triangle of the 32 sq Kms Clent Hills Regional Park in the impressive W Mids National Park!!

Tim

Dear Patrick and Worcs CC

On the 3 August 2020, I asked if a kissing gate might be installed.  I wrote,  "Or, would you authorise a kissing gate on the farm boundary with the sports club - please?"  This is at SO 96884 81249 on HN-514 (A).

Last Thursday, 10 December, some cows (Philip Bibbey's) were 'allowed' to wander, 500 metres, down the public path, HN 514 from the Cherry memorial bench at SO 97174 80926, to graze the delicious grass on the Hunnington cricket square.


The next day, 11 December and, yesterday when I walked further north to the cricket ground, I found 
  1. a large oak branch laid across the path in the open woodland owned by Romsley and Hunnington Sports and Social Club (this was seen on 14 Dec);
  2. rather obvious hoof prints on the public right of way (seen 11 Dec);
  3. the theft, this time, of the broken remains of the Worcs CC yellow arrow public right of way disc on the corner concrete postwhere the kissing gate is needed (14 Dec) ;
  4. the theft of my slasher and the second, lighter one left on the ground, with plastic bags in which I had left them, strewn around (11 Dec).
All of this indicates a deliberate malicious act, rather than of carelessness - a gate left open by accident.  All the farmers I have met are always so careful about locking gates.  It is very important that you urgently, please, authorise the professional installation of a kissing gate at SO 96884 81249 on HN-514 (A) - to maintain cordial relations between local farmers and the Sports and Social Club - PLEASE!

With best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment