Sunday 13 December 2020

'Riders on the Storm'

 I love page 198 and on page 22 about "our journeys of understanding".  That reminded me of what my Quaker, spiritual father told me about being true to our lights but, being open to enlightenment from whatever source that comes.


I'm asking, Alastair if you might check out this, below, please.  I wrote, 'deadly greenhouse gases to threaten all life on earth.'  Is it alarmism or being alarming?  True to the science or is it pseudoscience?  And, where do you stand over Wikipedia telling me that Venus has a runaway greenhouse effect?  Should we be talking about a possible runaway greenhouse effect for earth, as well?  The tipping points, too?  Three tipping points left?  Sixth mass extinction now?  Please put me right.

I wrote,  'Trams look green but you and I have to BE green'.  I'm grateful to you about the need to BE green; and "the ground of our being" (Teilhard de Chardin?) being more important than doing.

TOP CLIMATE ACTION REQUEST

People must not be hoodwinked into accepting Metro tram extensions, underground and overground to replace/duplicate buses and even trains! £15 BILLION to 2040 wasted when that money must go for Fare-Free Public Transport and electric buses on bus priority roads.  Please email those exact words to Mayor, Andy Street, at: MayorsOffice@wmca.org.uk
Then forward the reply to timweller1@gmail.com  - me!

THANKS so much.

Every £ we spend = finite fossil fuels burnt = deadly greenhouse gases to threaten all life on earth. 

Trams look green but you and I have to BE green and campaign for commuter/regional and freight TRAINS on our local railway line that doesn't get the 6 Kms of trams and 2 Kms test track.  That STILL leaves 48 Kms of railway "of national strategic significance" on the Black Country Railway between Worcester and Derby, alongside or near to traffic-choked motorways and roads.  And every crossing is built, too - see my photos.  They built the important railway and forgot the trains and nine stations!

No comments:

Post a Comment