Friday 2 December 2022

to Philip Dunne MP for Ludlow

Dear Philip

I am an avid reader of the 'Clun Chronicle' every month.

In the November issue you wrote, of "the global crisis caused by President Putin's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine impacts us here in Shropshire."

There is history to the outbreak of war there in February 2014, I understand.  Very many years of one side taking everything as one side probably sees it but the other side seeing it completely differently.  But it has built bitterness and resentment by Putrid and his henchmen who see it as our side provoking them.  Saying that Putrid was unprovoked, I think is a misreading of history that I have chronicled here:


Do put me right, Philip - please.

By the way, Prof Philippe Sands, I believe, called the Feb 2014 overthrow of the Ukrainian President, Viktor Yanukovych as being like "a red rag to a bull" to Putrid.  For us, however, it was the blessed 'Revolution of Dignity'.  But it was the start of the Ukraine war after years of build up as only one side saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment