Sunday 18 December 2022

"£171.1 million eye watering substantial financial breach"

Thanks, Chris.  I certainly don't understand high finance.  Way over my head!

However, I was there in person and stayed for the whole meeting and beyond, lobbying to get Cllr Mike Bird, Leader of Walsall and others to scrap Metro extensions immediately.  I was also giving out our 9 Action Points when I could.  Dan Essex has now sent out the smarter copy of Bob's via Royal Mail and internal delivery to members on the WMCA Board and Overview and Scrutiny Committee.  More to go but I've run out of Bob's copies!

Did I mishear this?:  "£171.1 million eye watering substantial financial breach"!  Who said that?

Ian Ward spoke of "a risk" but did not explain what that risk was.  Do you know, Chris?

From my rushed notes, I have:  Ian also spoke of £17.8 m immediate scheme funding re-allocated.  The E&S has £17.43 m though.  Will have to re-read, more carefully the Capital Pressures report later in the weekend.  I want to listen to the recording, too, to check what I thought I heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment