Thursday 4 July 2024

THE MIDLANDS MOST URGENT ACTIVE TRAVEL PROJECT FOR FUNDING

 17 July 2023

Adam told me last week that funding from HMG was not forthcoming.  You all need to persist, please.  I would love to know why Cycling UK is remaining steadfastly indifferent and failing to help.

I think Dudley's premier and nearby hospital also needs to help out of sheer self-interest in getting their staff, patients (like me) and visitors into the fresh air to cut back on the obesity epidemic and greenhouse gases over warming the planet to threaten extinction.

I cycled (or had to carry the bike on the most impassable, shameful sections) most of the 22 Kms Black Country Cycle-Walk Mudway last week when cycling back from Wolverhampton.  It is, I believe, the UK's longest and most important, urban-rural-urban commuter and leisure cycle-walkway.  I noticed that sections in all three councils (Dudley, S Staffs and Wolverhampton) remain muddy and waterlogged.  This was particularly disappointing because over the last two or three years, I have received emails from officers of Dudley MBC that they were going to be cutting back the overgrowing vegetation and putting a temporary surface down on the muddy and waterlogged parts in our borough.  This has certainly not been done.  Why is this?

Many thanks for an explanation, please.

Tim Weller   0791 380 4363
2 quizzes to inform and amuse
continued on
as 5 top priorities for regional politicians and officers

No comments:

Post a Comment