That's great David - thanks for letting me know. I would like to see Stuart's reply, please. Who is Sam Henry?
Do you have any influence in getting an NCR number for the route from Fens Pool Avenue to NW Wolverhampton, David?
How important is Sustrans these days in getting NCR recognition? I dislike their long winded new name and prefer the snappy 'Sustrans'! Who is their best person to lobby?
Should we have a Facebook page, do you think?
With three railway names over the 20 Kms, are you happy with a generic name, like Black Country Cycle-Walkway? Or, Black Country Greenway, which Chris (Barnett) likes? Or, your own name and others chipping in with ideas/names?
Please could anyone try and engage with Beccy Marston, Active Travel Commissioner, at Beccy.Marston@wmca.org.uk who, if I remember correctly, has never replied to my emails or attended anything I have organised? We have not met. It would be good if a small group of us could meet up with her. Beccy, may we discuss active travel matters with you, please at 16 Summer Lane (or wherever) and with Richard Parker, too? A full hour would be needed, please. Richard must be involved because of the serious health and safety/security implications from:
- Himley Environmental Ltd allows public access from the cycle-walkway and other public rights of way (PROW) to a landfill site venting off a cocktail of poisonous gases - and right next to our cycle-walkway!
- Anti social behaviour and criminal activity on the Dudley section of the cycle-walkway. I complained to the Police over these people's threats and intimidating behaviour towards me.
- The trashing of nature on the other side of our route from the landfill/sewage site in Pensnett/Gornal. The destruction and negligence is worse than ever from what I saw on Sunday!
- On Chris's fine circular cycleway which starts and finishes in Brierley Hill to take in what I consider to be the UK's Top cycleway for its location and potential to cut GHG emissions
Keep in touch everyone, please and all the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment