Tuesday 16 November 2021

to Peter Judd

Dear Peter

Many thanks for your email and attachments.

My main activity is campaigning for system/climate change and, I am now reducing my hypocrisy quotient by a minimum 50% cut in my car mileage in future years compared with 2019.  I'm therefore keeping to the lower hills nearer to home but my reward is continuing to complete my round of visiting every summit in the UK over 2,000 feet - but only two visits a year with a longer stay for each, to reduce my emissions.

I'm also writing and trying to whip up support and action over our worsening right to roam over rights of way that, in my area, are preventing less mobile walkers from using public footpaths as stiles deteriorate and footbridges are closed as they begin to fall into disrepair.

I'm also asking for our major, 22 Kms Black Country Cycle-Walk Mudway be made fit for responsible shared use.

Then there is the worsening state of public transport in the West Midlands region as trams take over railways and bus routes to make for a multi-modal mish-mash of public transport and yet more changes and delays between the different modes.  This is my main campaign.

I want hillwalkers to follow my lead, to explore more local and regional hills and countryside and to help with their maintenance.  And, to use bikes more and the car less, as I'm doing.

Thanks for writing.  All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment