Tuesday 15 November 2022

to Tony Whitehouse

I don't want to annoy anyone, let alone your good self.  I always want to be corrected when I am wrong.  I was wrong over buses not being able to use the Five Ways underpass and I'm delighted that I was!  However, no one at TfWM/WMCA corrected me.  Not even yourself, Tony.

The points I am constantly making is that with the long running climate crisis and now with the economic, cost of living, energy, inflation crises on top of climate we are definitely wrong and very foolish to persist with HS2, Metro, Sprint, X1 and X2, especially when they over benefit Brum and we, in the Black Country get left out yet again.

Over the decades we've had six of Dudley's railway lines destroyed and the seventh is the Dudley Tram running on the railway "of national strategic significance" - the 120 Kms Black Country Mainline Railway.  Two of the Black Country's mainline railways are now lost for good.  Although the second, we have been told since September 2000, is not lost forever but has to have trams on it in order to get the trains back, the authorities tell us!

In a letter to me, dated 18.9.2000, from Tom Magrath, Passenger Services Director:

"light rail investment provides the basis for restoring heavy rail services at the appropriate time."

The four Black Country boroughs are very much the poor relation to Big Beautiful Brum.  Even Coventry is getting so much more than us. Coventry is the UK's electric bus city and is also getting VLR and ULR, too!

But enough from me.  See you on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment