Wednesday 2 November 2022

Incorrigible Councils!

Hi all

This is excellent and so good to read.  Thanks.  However, my concern is that the culture of WMCA and all its constituent councils is one of very high spending on far too many prestigious, totally unnecessary and, definitely, harmful transport projects that are diverting them from our first rate, Nine Action Points plan (with my own 10th added!), as here

and my own ideas from 2019 that I gave to most members who attended last Friday's Board meeting, as here:

I would have preferred us to stay concentrated on the original 'Nine Action Points' that Bob, Chris and I presented to Cllr Ian Courts, Chair, Environment and Energy Board - was it two years ago, now?  They have now forgotten about it and certainly done nothing.  They need reminding and chased up!

I would like all of us and especially for those chosen to go to next week's meeting with Ed Cox, to read through our original Nine Action Points with him and to insist that even faster moves, already taking place towards FFPT, are fast-tracked by abandoning their £15 BILLION to 2040 mainly immoral Metro expansion programme.  This would help fuel poverty and all the other multiple crises that affect those using public transport much more than the wealthier swanning around in their personal motors and worsening the climate emergency.

Does that make sense to anyone out there - please?!

Tim
BACKGROUND to my thinking:
the post below

No comments:

Post a Comment