Monday 21 November 2022

Attempting to hold the authorities to account

THERE IS LITTLE WE CAN DO BUT WE ARE NOT EVEN DOING THAT!!

Many thanks for your email and courtesy in replying.  Keep up the good work.  I was attempting to get you to branch out but, no such luck!

My work is so much about righting wrongs, as I see them.  On picking the authorities up on oversights, failings, negligence, the misspending of taxpayers money that I think amounts to scandals: - 
  • transport, like the Merry Hill monorail in the 90s never connected to their/our railway;
  • the destruction of railway infrastructure in the Black Country;
  • the failure to understand about the need to save resources and to be more efficient;
  • the inability to get priorities right;
  • hypocrisy over declaring a climate emergency and then making things even worse by carrying on as normal!
  • honestly, far too much incompetence and injustice, in short!
It's a battle, simply trying to get a more sensibly run unsustainable, grey society - let alone a more sustainable and socially just, sustainable or green society.  And, I'm constantly attempting to be constructive, positive and helpful!  But what fun!  They've even put me on one of their committees, temporarily.

The W Mids Climate Coalition has the right idea here, I think:

No comments:

Post a Comment