Friday 11 November 2022

WMCA Director of Housing

Dear Gareth

Thank you for your email.  That is fine and I hope they copy you in, too.

I would like to try and influence you away from affordable housing which I suspect is not really affordable at all!  I would like this: 'Very low cost, highly energy efficient apartments or terraced housing, partly powered by solar PV on their roofs'.

My own home since Jan 1976 is just that!  Mid terrace, 3 storey town house that is so cheap to heat, run and maintain with the E/W roofs with 12 solar PV panels on each.  £1/day in total energy bills for the last six months with Octopus Energy as my supplier.  More for the next six months, of course!

I'm also asking you to fast track High Plateau and Daniels Land at Merry Hill Shopping Centre in Brierley Hill.  Both remain designated for housing for decades but nothing is ever done.

Please can you authorise ACTION!  Only your good self has the power and authority to make all the difference.  To smash through all the paralysis as superman!

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment