Wednesday 16 November 2022

To Richard Hatcher

Hi Richard​
Every member present, plus officers got their copy this morning before the meeting of Housing and Land Delivery Board.  I asked Wendy Slater if she might send out the A4 sheet to those not present but with their name I had written on.

This morning, I approached some members about the scandalous negligence at Merry Hill Shopping Centre where land has been designated for housing for years (actually, decades of land wasted, unused yet available) but nothing is ever done.  Plan here:​
​I've worked out about 10,000 sq m is designated at the two sites.  Can you be any more accurate, please Richard?  I am suggesting: for very low cost, highly energy efficient apartments of 1 and 2 bedrooms, with maximum PV solar for the most needy, including migrants​.

I hope to be at Dudley's Housing and Public Realm Scrutiny at 6 pm tomorrow to speak in the public forum about the worsening housing crisis with over 40,000 migrants already arrived this year in England but the land at Merry Hill is still not being used.  So far, no one can tell me who owns it, even!

Please help or advise me in some or, any way, Richard if you have the availability.  Thanks!

All the best

Tim
​​PS bonus:​

​ 

No comments:

Post a Comment